These Mexican Chocolate Carmel Cookies are made with the caramel candy we made in our last video! Stephanie found an awesome "from scratch" cookie recipe that she modified to make it her own!
Here is the link to the cookie recipe we modified.
Thank you! #TastesBetterFromScratch
The changes are simple. When you watch the video you will see HOW and then WHEN to add them in.
- Replace the chocolate chips with 2 discs of Mexican Chocolate chopped up.
- Add a tablespoon of instant espresso powder to your cookie dough.
- Add your caramel candy into the middle of the cookie dough. Watch our caramel candy video. If you're still not convinced to try it yourself then those little square plastic-wrapped caramels from the store will do.
Two things you need to remember to have the most success with this recipe:
- Chill your cookie dough 2 to 3 hours before using.
- After rounding your caramel candy into balls, chill for at least an hour. You can do this anytime and then wait till your cookie dough is chilled.
This will also help your cookie have the best structure with no caramel "blow-outs". But even if you do have some, it still tastes great!
Products we use. Give them a try!
Do you need recommendations for your kitchen? Here are my top picks... Kitchen Best Buys http://bit.ly/KitchenBestBuys